Friday, June 20, 2008

Race Across America

Hello Crew,

My Father's main team and his general bike shop down in Nashville, Tennessee, Gran Fondo, put a team in the Race Across America last week - a two man, fixed gear team, and they won!  We want to congratulate Dads team who also happens to be one of teams greatest challangers. (In about 90% of our races, we are racing against Fondo).

This whole deal has gotten me to thinking. I would like for everybody to begin to think about entering this race in 2009 or 2010 as some sort of team. I believe there are 2, 4 and 6 man teams. It generally takes about a week to ride from the Pacific Ocean to the Atlantic.  We would needs sponsors, volenteers and riders. I, for one, am very interested in looking at this for our club in the next 2 to 3 years. There really is no reason we could not do this race!!!

Here are the links.

http://www.raceacrossamerica.org/subwebraam/route/2008/route2008.jpg

Race Across America

No comments: