Saturday, May 24, 2008

Crew News

Hello Crew,

Well, I have been in Colorado Springs for nearly a week now, and I am becoming acclimated to the altitude.  Deb lives at 6,500 feet so the air is a bit thin. We've been riding a lot and it is simply beautiful - training in the Garden of the Gods, or on Gold Camp Road or in Cheyenne Canyon - all in the shadows of the snow-covered ridge lines of Pikes Peak.

Seven Falls | Home
Garden Of The Gods | Home

Today, Saturday, we went on a large area ride that included about 30 riders.  We rode about 55 miles and it was fast and windy!!  Deb did very well on her new bike (an Eddy Merx) and we were both very pleased with everything. Deb's Son, Wyatt, also went for a ride today; a mountian bike ride up to the top of the ridge line to the west of town. Wyatt is eleven years old and it a member of a junior development team called the Front Rangers.  The Front Rangers ride mountain bikes and they also race on the velodrome here at the USA Olympic Training Center.

There are group or team rides every Wednesday at 12:30 PM, Every Saturday and Sunday and Every Tuesday and Thursday. There are 20 to 40 people who show up for these rides including the Olympic Cycling Team, the Olympic Tri Team and many pro's.

The cycling that occurs in this community (about the size of Lexington) is simply astounding and I love it.

RACING BACK HOME

I know that several folks are in Knoxville this weekend and others have done the Horsy 100.  Still yet, I believe that others have done multisport events, so if you can please email me your racing activity, I will get my points spreadsheet updated!!!

I will be home the first week of June. I am looking forward to seeing everybody when I get home!  We will have some great rides this summer, and lots of racing!!!!

MORE TO COME FROM COLORADO!!!  STAY TUNED!!!  My Son, Jon Boy will arrive here tomorrow for a week-long visit.

There are many more races to come, so stay tuned.   All of this is culminating for the State Championships in September.... 
Tour de London, Kentucky State Road Race & Criterium Championships: London, KY

Bluegrass State Games:   Bluegrass State Games - Home


There team and club rides every Tuesday and Thursday nights at Barnsburg Baptist Church!

No comments: