Friday, October 12, 2007

Notes From our President

 
 
 
Hello Cumberland Cycles,
 
 Let me clear up something real quick. For me to say the "Team" was a way for me to address everyone who rides a bike not just the "Racers". Sometimes I meant, just the racers, but to me that was clear, I knew what I meant. That was how I distinguished the Cumberland Cycles' "riders" from the Cumberland Cycles Shop. I did not mean to alienate anyone with this wording. I apologize to anyone I offended.
 
 From now on when I ( and most people have adopted this also) mention the "Club" I am referring to ANYONE who feels they are a part of the Cumberland Cycles Organization. When the "Team" is used, the individuals who race are being spoke of, and the "Tri- Team" will be the competing triathletes of the organization. I hope this clears things up. Now onto business,
 
 I am currently working on putting together a ride contact list. This will be a list of contacts that everyone will get and Marc will also have and be able to pass out at the Shop. A few people have talked about this before, but Jenny Denny said she would like to put it together.So what we need is someone from each discipline( Team training/fast pace,recreational pace, women's group, cruising pace, mountain bike, etc.)to be available to schedule and organize rides. They don't need to be at the ride but are responsible for getting the ride together. If you would be interested just email JT or myself and so we can get this list going.
 
 With the cold weather and shorter days approaching the group rides will be getting smaller. This is not going to stop me from working on Club rides. There have been talks of trying to do a ride where we start or finish at a restaurant,park or someones house and all eat together. Also I would like to do a ride in the next couple of weeks when the leaves start to change colors. Having a very relaxed scenic ride through the Science Hill-Eubank area and just enjoying the views and having fun on our bikes would be great. This ride is going to have to be short notice due to the fact the leaves won't stick around long after they change. Email me to let meknow if you are interested and stay tuned to the Blog for updates.
 
 Again, if anyone has ideas or suggestions let me know. This is the only way to get anything done. Everyone has great ideas, but they are just that until they are put into action. We are all a part of the cycling community in the area. The more we are out there riding the more help we can get from the Community and Government to make the roads more bicycle friendly. So I need to know what it is going to take to keep everyone riding together. If we can't show real interest in cycling with good rider turnout, no one is going to listen to us or take us seriously.And maybe if we clog up the streets enough they may HAVE to give us our own lane to ride in or create us some bike paths!
 
 That is all for now. Be safe out there and have fun.
 
 Brad
 flyingchicken55@yahoo.com

No comments: