Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Crew News - October 10

http://www.cumberlandcycles.com/index.html

Well, we've had a lot going on during this "down time" period!  Our club dinner was fantastic and I personally had a great time. We had a great turnout and I want to thank everybody who came out to be with us. A Great Big "Thank You" to Marc Travis for a wonderfully appropriate speech! 

Our final Barnsburg Time Trial Event was very good, and I was very pleased with the late season turnout. Please find our Barnsburg TT Results on our team blog (Link above). 

With the annual dinner having come and gone, and the final Barnsburg TT event conducted, 2007 is officially over for the team. The club and some of our multi-sport athletes will continue on with some late events, but as the captain of the Bike Racing Team, I hear by close our 2007 season. Thank you to everybody who raced for us this year. It was absolutely outstanding.

MOVING FOWARD
First of all, we will continue to ride as a group every Tuesday and Thursday at 6 PM at Barnsburg Church. We will do this until the time changes. Saturday and Sunday rides will be announced on an ongoing basis.

Cumberland Cycles Cycling Club is now and has been for some time, and official USCF Club. Find our link here.  www.usacycling.org -- USA Cycling Clubs Mr. Brad Herrman was recently elected President of our club and he will be working with Marc Travis, Jack Evans and JT to bring our club up to full strength. Jack Evans is our Vice President and is also our team treasurer. If Brad Herrman is our official President, I would have to call Marc Travis the "speaker of the house". Of course, this is not an official position, but Marc is our nuclear sponsor. 

As president, Brad Herrman will be concerning himself with the affairs of our cycling club as a whole. This will include providing structure and organization to our entire cycling community. Our main cycling branches tend to isolate themselves and that makes sense.  These branches include mountain biking, road racing and sport cycling or touring.  I want everybody who likes bike riding to feel like they are a part of area cycling and a part of this club and team. 

I have concentrated my efforts on building a road cycling team in our area because road cycling is my interest. I  have made an attempt to include our sport/touring cyclists and our multi-sport athletes, but I have not done a great job at this.  I will remain the 2008 Cumberland Cycles Team Captain, but Brad Herrman will work to promote cycling in general in our area.

In addition to integrating our main branches of cycling under one organization, Brad will also be working to bring at least one and probably more competitive events to the Somerset Area.

While my main focus is on our racing crew for 2008, I want you to know, I want to promote cycling in any way that I can in the Somerset Area. With the election of Mr. Herrman as our club president, I am confident that cycling in general, will make great leaps from here forward!  Please come be a part of it all! 

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for embracing me and our club the way you have this past year!  It has truly been humbling to see this level of enthusiastic in our area.

2008 ORGANIZATION
Marc Travis/Cumberland Cycles - Nuclear Sponsor
Brad Herrman - Cumberland Cycles Club President
Jack Evans - Cumberland Cycles Club V. President
Jonathon Thompson - Cumberland Cycles Team Captain

CURRENT 2008 CUMBERLAND CYCLES TEAM SPONSORS
Evans, Harville, Atwell & Company, CPAs
The UPS Store: Locations
Southern Belle Dairy Products 
Walter C. Thompson "Wallyworld"
Personal Finance Company, LLC,

No comments: