Monday, January 24, 2011

Just ranting and learning about this new blog platform

BLOG HISTORY

Well, gosh!  I found my former cycling blog on the Internet and I decided to pick it back up and get it going again.  For those of you who've had a look, thank you.  For those of you who have not, please do so. (Please note - all of my former entries are here, over on the right side of this page.  It might be entertaining for some of you to look back and read about what we were doing in 2007 and 2008.  There are even photos!)

Gosh, so much has happened since I last blogged.  I think the last entry I did was about our Sinking Valley Ride, in 2008.... Yes, that was the first time Brad Johnson rode with us; in tennis shoes and a $200 bike!  Despite my personal hardships over the past three years since I last kept this blog, I am so happy to have it back.

Thanks to a great many number of people, especially Aaron and Jenny Denney, our numbers have swelled to proportions none of us would have imagined when I last blogged about cycling. As such, in the coming days, I will add some data and other information regarding and informative to, our newcomers (in the past three years).

I stopped blogging because my blogging platform, America Online, discontinued offering that service. But I am back!

My Cycling History

I started riding bicycles when I was a kid.  As a young teenager, I never knew people actually raced bicycles, but I knew very well the freedom it provided!  My father bought me a cheap bike that I rode to the far corners of Pulaski County, usually looking for new caves to explore. It wasn't until the early 1980's that I got interested in racing. My first race was a Coors Series Criterium, and I got my ass kicked. I raced a lot and I had some success and some heartbreaks until 1990.

I started riding and racing again, after sixteen years completely off the bike, on September 1, 2006.  Since that time, I have meet all of you (on our team or in our club). I just absolutely love riding and racing road bicycles, and I love the men and women who join me in this passion. You will begin to note, if you haven't already, that I am a bit of a statition and a "mechanic".... Mechanic is quotes not because I fix things, but I want to understand how things work.... Mechanics!

MY RIDING HISTORY SINCE 9/1/2006

So far this year, that is to say, to date, I have ridden 91.2 miles. Ninety-one point two miles in twenty four days comes up to 3.8 miles per day, but hey, it's been a tough winter.

Since 9/1/2006 (1,604 days ago) I've ridden 23,313 miles. Out of those 1,604 days, I was fortunate enough to ride my bike 1,326 days. That is %83 percent of the days that has past in my total time back.

Even tough my daily mileage for 2011 is only 3.8 miles/day, over all, my stats are 14.5 miles/day on average since mid-late 2006, counting the 278 days I did not ride. On the days I rode, I averaged 17.6 miles/ride.

(Which brings me to an excellent point!  KEEP A TRAINING JOURNAL!!!!!!)

Since I am exploring this new blog format, let me attempt insert a chart of my weekly miles.

As you can see, my miles have been declining over the past five years. But who cares?  Most of you know what i've been through.
Such a dymanic time, these years back riding again. I have had some of the greatest joy in my life, and at the same time, over the same period of time, more heart-pain than I thought I would ever have.

I have met so many great people!  I have raced 74 times since 2007 (I am pretty sure).

I have so much to say about cycling, and life too.

My name is JT and I'm back!

No comments: