Saturday, June 28, 2008

National Time Trial

 
Well, Brad Herrman, Adam Bourne and I rode my favorite ride today - out  192 to Stewart Road, over 1675 to Sulpher Springs, up to the top of Haynes Knob then back home.... It was a great ride and it was a perfect last ride for me before I leave for Nationals. I really enjoy riding with our club president, Brad Herrman, as his cycling skills are just a total art-form. My Pal, Adam, well he and I have been pushing each other for 18 months now. Without Adam, I would not be as strong as I am now. There were several folks missing from my final home-town ride today; most notably, Dr. Harvey, who, when I started cycling again 18 months ago, never left my side. Dr. Harvey introduced me to Jack Evans, and Roger Whitlock (I knew roger as kids), Dr. Mark, Jeff Parmelee and many many others.
 
I went down to the bike shop today to pick up a last minute item, and Marc Travis looked me in the eye, and wished me luck.... It is this - my hometown, my club and sponsors and my bike shop that have given me a second chance as something I loved. It all just came a little quicker than I was planning!
 
MONDAY MORNING - PLEASE RESERVE A MOMENT OF THOUGHT FOR OUR CLUB MEMBERS COMPLETING IN THE MASTERS NATIONAL TIME TRIAL: 
 
    JT:  STARTS AT 9:08
    ROGER WHITLOCK:  STARTS AT 9:15:30
    JACK EVANS:  STARTS AT 9:53:30
    FRANK CORNETT:  STARTS AT 10:12
 
This is a twenty four mile tt so each man will be on the road about an hour. Please hold us in your thoughts and prayers.
 
Thank you everyone for a wonderful 18 months back. I am  so very glad to have Jack, Roger and Frank going up to Louisville with me!  My Dad may compete as well.

No comments: