Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving

FEATURED SPONSOR
Sinking Valley Vineyard and Winery


 

Happy Thanksgiving!   I don't think we are ridding much these days... at least I know that my miles are down.  It is Thanksgiving!  I hope everybody has had a wonderful day - ready to burn some calories in the next few weeks!

I would like to take a moment, wax poetical - mention what I am thankful for today.

It has been a very dynamic year for me.  Many things have happened and changed.  I am grateful for these changes.  But first of all, I am always most grateful for the health and good well being of my son, Jon Boy. He is well these days, and for that I am grateful. He will be marching in a Drum and Bugle Core next summer; reaching and attaining his drumming dreams.

I am thankful for all of the absolutely wonderful friends I have made this year and all of the new people I have met this year through cycling. I have many new and very dear friends. I am sometimes astonished at how wonderful our athletic and cycling community is here in Somerset. I think we are all blessed by each other. I know that I am blessed by each and everyone of you; whether you and I have driven to races together, raced in races together, ridden together, or have simply seen each other on our bikes.... Thank you all for giving me such a wonderful first year back on my bike.

Over the past year I also was reacquainted with a very old sweat heart and I am very grateful to have Debbie and her kids in my life. They are so wonderful to me.

I am thankful to God for my health and I am grateful to Him for my ability to reach a higher level of fitness.

I am grateful to my dad who has helped me so much over the past year, getting back into road racing.

I am grateful for Marc Travis and Cumberland Cycles who allowed me to high jack their bike club without too much difficulty!!!!

I am grateful that Thanksgiving is now almost over and it is officially time to start training for next year!!!!!!

Second Annual Cumberland Cycles Fall Training Road Race
November 24, Saturday, 2008 - Start/Finish at the Stab Fire House.
Start Time: 1 PM
Mass Start - all fields combined.
Traffic control:  None - cyclists must obey ALL TRAFFIC REGULATIONS/ stop signs, yield. There will be no course marshalling.

The course:  Leaves the Stab Fire House, Proceeds east to Adams Grocery.  Turns right up 1675.  Travels south to Mt. Victory.  Turns Right on 192 to Providence Road. Turns right on Providence Road to 1003.  Turns right on 1003 to 1675.  Turns left on 1675 to Adams Grocery.  Turns left at Adams Grocery to the Finish line.

All cyclist are welcome to join us - the road team, multisport's and sport cyclists.... please come out and ride or race the course.

CUMBERLAND CYCLES RACING TEAM 2008 UNIFORMS

road team
multi-sport
Club/Sport/Recreation
Mountain Bike

Please plan to get fitted next week at Cumberland Cycles!!!!!

The club and team will be taking advanced orders within the next three weeks. Anybody planning to race for the team is strongly encouraged to order during this time. We are expecting shipment of our final, pre-ordered uniform sometime in January.

PLEASE JOIN THE CUMBERLAND CYCLES NEWS GROUP!

Cumberland Cycling Club | Google Groups

Up and Coming Training Rides

Every Thursday Night:  Every Thursday night at 8:30 PM, one of our team sponsors, The Total Rehab Center, in Somerset, will be hosting an indoor training session. This is a great workout and has been going on for several years now, during the winter time. If you want to participate, please bring your own bike, water and anything else you may want. There willbe two extra trainers, one provided by Total Rehab, and the other provided by The Cumberland Cycles Racing Team.  These trainers are available to anyone wishing to workout on Thursday nights, but does not have their own trainer.   Here is a link for Total Rehab.  
Total Rehab Center

Saturday will be the fall training race.

Sunday will meet at the Vision Center at 2PM. 

Mountain bike rides occur every weekend. Contact Brad Hewitt for more information.   Cumberland cycles ride contacts

Our Team Sponsors:  
sponsors

No comments: