Friday, September 7, 2007

Our Final Sanctioned Event

http://www.cumberlandcycles.com/index.html
 
Hello Crew -

My racing year will end this weekend.  I am so much looking forward to backpacking and trout fishing over the next six weeks.  Over the last nine months, I have participated in 29 races and points events. It has been a wonderful year for me.

I am very much looking forward to The Tour De London, and having my team and club out there with all of us. This will be a wonderful finish to our racing year. As it turns out, we have some very significant competition showing up for the races, so it will be brutal - downright violent bike riding for two days. I think our best and great hope for a win is Mr. Adam Bourne, in the CAT 4/5 race, as well as Aaron Denney in the CAT 4/5 Race as well.

Our masters, JT, Jack Evans, Roger Whitlock and Jeff Ekoniack will have our work cut out for them as we will clash with some powerful teams and some very accomplished riders.

Charlie Bailey and Jenney Denney will have to content with Ms. Tracy Huber, a National Champion.... so needless to say, we have our work cut out for us!!!! 

But I love it!!!!  This is turning to be a fine race!

We want to thank Dave Gribsby for all of his hard work. Unfortunately, Dave is having some complications due to a recent surgery, so while we want to thank him for putting this event together, we also want to remember him in our prayers.  As a club, we want to wish him well and wish him a speedy recovery. I can't imagine how Dave must feel... his event coming together at a time he may not even be able to show up.

Marc Travis and the Cumberland Cycles Shop is shutting their doors on Saturday and Sunday to come to the event and support all of our riders!  This is a significant show of support from our major sponsor and we want to thank Marc for his time and effort and money. Marc will be setting up an tent/relaxation station for our club members and our riders. Be sure to center yourself at or near the Cumberland Cycles Location!

I guess that is about it, folks. We've all put in a hard racing, touring and training year and in my opinion, it has paid incredible dividends. I can't even begin to describe how proud I am of everybody who has raced, or trained of toured for us. Please, everybody, pat yourselves on the back.... and remember to thank Marc Travis and Cumberland Cycles for providing us with a nucleolus upon which to work.

After this weekend, I plan to put my bike away... I plan to trout fish, and back pack and visit my sweetheart in Colorado. We will have our dinner at the Doolin House on Oct 6 and then on November 1st, we will begin to develop our team for 2008.  I will continue the blog at that time (as long as everybody still wants me to be the team captain)

In closing
God Bless Dave in London - we hope for his speedy recovery
Thank you to Marc Travis for supporting us this year
Thank you to the 36 riders who competed for us this year

And especially - we wish for all of our riders to have a safe, and successful event in our  final race...

No comments: