Wednesday, September 5, 2007

my first year back

 
Hello Crew!

Well, my first 365 days on the bike came and went without my notice. Last night I went back to my training log and realized that I had ridden 7,993 miles in 365 days. I thought it was more than that, but that is good. The previous 19 years, I didn't touch a bike hardly.

I think I started about 18 races this year and I am pleased with the year that I had.  I am pleased with my starts and finishes. I am pleased with the people who are riding and training and racing with me.  I am pleased with our Shop and Marc Travis.

I just wanted to thank everybody for being so enthusiastic about bike racing this year and accepting me and my Blog into our local cycling community. 

There are many people I need to thank at this first year anniversary back on a bike, but I think it was Harvey Scheleter who took me under his wing first and fostered a kind and gentle platform upon which I was able to find confidence and companionship that lead me to a great year back on the bike.

It has been a very nice year. I feel very good about what we've done here and I am hopeful for the future of our team and club. We have some fantastic riders here in Somerset, and I value each and everyone of you so very much.

So, if you have one more moment, please allow me to say thank you... You have exceeded my expectations greatly. I have learned a lot from you, and Marc and we have had some great fun. And from it, it will get better and better!

JT

No comments: