Tuesday, March 13, 2007

March 14

(CCC Team Rider Adam Bourne in the Staging Area for his race last Saturday in Knoxville)

Hello Crew!
 
REMINDER:  We will hold a club time trial at Barnsburg on Sunday, April 1 @2PM.  Remember this is only for your benifit as a rider.  You may use the information you obtain from the time trial in a number of ways, most importantly, to gage your own personal fitness over the course of the year.  We plan to hold a TT at about once a month.  We would love to have you participate in this event and you do not have to be a racer to enjoy this activity!  Everyone is envited to attend and post a time. Upon request, we will not publish your time.

Well I have to say; my gosh!  For our first weekly club/team ride event at Barnsburg today, we filled the lower parking lot of the Barnsburg Church!  Mark Henry was heard saying that this must be some sort of record!  I don't know because I am new to the Somerset Cycling Scene, but it if was a record turnout, THAT IS GREAT!  Cycling is such a great sport whether you race or sport ride or tour - it is just a great pass time!  I would like to personally thank each and every person who came out to ride.  I know you didn't come out for me or my benefit, but it certainly made my year!!!!!!  It made the work I have been doing with this blog worth the effort and much much more!

Tonight the women's ride got off at 5:30 and were already on the road by the time i showed up.  The Club and team groups started out together but separated after a few miles. The club ride was headed up by Tim Howard and Jeff Coylier and they did a great job keeping that group together.  I want to thank both of them for seeing to it that everybody had somebody to ride with! 

The racing group shot off the front pretty fast thanks to Charles Senters who can always be relied upon to keep the early pace pretty hot. The racing group rode impressively tonight, and it felt as if I was doing a pace similar to a sanctioned race!  After Charles split the group, Roger Whitlock continued to keep the pace hot, followed by one of our club triathletes, Mark Henry. Mark has suddenly gotten pretty dang fit!!!  The last half of the team ride was pretty muchdominated by Adam Bourne whowent to the front and started hammering in a manner that made the rest of the ride particularly uninjoyable!  But Jack Evans and I were able to collaborate and give Adam a run for his money (I think).

I am soimpressed with our crew!  Our racers are getting fit.  Our Tri's are getting fit and our club riders are so inspiring!  Thank you all so much for being my cycling pals!  If there is anything I can do to facilitate your goals in cycling, please let me know.  I would  be happy to help in any way I possibly can.

Just a few reminders: 
Club Ride information may be found here:  
Cumberland Cycles Crew Ride and Race Information

Racing Schedules may be found here: 
Cumberland Cycles Races

Our Blog:  
team blog

REMEMBER!!!!  Always buy from Cumberland Cycles!  Support our bike shop in any way you possibly can.

The Commonwealth Journal will be publishing a weekly section on area cycling/racing/riding info.  If you have anything you'd like to have included in that weekly report, please contact Steve Cornelius at the CJ.

2008 Racing Season:  Now is the time for you to contact us about racing in 2008.  We can get you on track and by the time the 2008 Spring Series rolls around - we can have you in the condition of your life!  Contact us!  We would love to build a powerful team in the Somerset Area!  And there is absolutely no reason we can't do it!

No comments: